1 year ago
Monday, August 25, 2008
My awesome friend Amy treated Millie and I to a trip to Chicago a couple weekends ago. It was so much fun. We stayed with her good friend Harriet- who happens to live within walking distance of everything anyone would want to see in Chicago. We also got to spend some time with Amy's friend Lorette- she attended school with Kyle and Amy the first year of law school, but then transferred to Chicago after that. It was good to see her.
We had a great time...
- Dinner at Harriet's- very yummy...
- beach of Lake Michigan- Amy and I used the sand on the beach to naturally ex-foliate dead skin on our feet- it was very therapeutic
- American Girl doll store (see picture with Millie pushing dolls in stroller). Thank you Amy and Lorette for the Bitty Baby- Millie absolutely adores it!
- Cheese Cake Factory- yum!
- So many good places to eat, I couldn't even begin to name them all
- Navy Pier- Millie, Amy, and I went on the ferris wheel and carousel. Millie didn't want to go on the ferris wheel at first when she was asked, but then she said yes, and put her hands into fists and said "tight," meaning "yes, I do want to go, and I'll be okay because I'll hold on tight."
- Architechural tour of all the beautiful sky-scrapers on the Chicago river
-LDS church in Chicago- We made the time to go before we headed back home on Sunday
We had a great time and Millie did great sleeping at Harriet's and travelling in the car there and back.