well, i have neglected my blog long enough. but, today i will not be posting pictures or talking about my adorable little girls or my much loved husband...
i am venting my frustrations with lack of organization in my home and lack of getting much done besides playing with kids. now, don't get me wrong, playing with kids is super super important, but i'd like to get a few things done now and then too. so, i've decided that rather than looking at facebook or blogs every time i get a break from my much loved family, i will try to get one organization project done a week. seems reasonable, i think. i should still have time for bummin' around too.
here is a list of stuff i can think of right off the bat that need to be done:
- finish organizing savannah's closet and room
- organize millie's closet and room
- organize my front entry closet
- reorganize my 72 hour kit
- organize high school pictures
- organize my bedroom closet
- organize my desk drawers
- organize my family home evening stuff
- clean out my kitchen cupboards
- catch up on the family "scrapbook"
- start a baby book for savannah, like unto millie's
- organize my filing cabinet
that ought to be a good enough list for now. a bit overwhelming, but if i take it one at a time, i should be able to get a lot done.
is there anyone out there who enjoys organizing stuff and getting stuff done who has any advice for someone like me who doesn't know how to get stuff done?
here's my ideas:
- have kyle take the kids once a week so i can have some time without interruption to get started on each task
- "scrapbook"/ baby book/ filing cabinet/ family home evening organization could be done while watching a movie at night
- i have a hard time deciding what i should do when there's so much that needs to be done, so i'm thinking of putting these tasks on papers in a hat and randomly pulling one out every week to find out what i need to get done that week.
i've decided i will keep track of my organizational goals on this here blog and report to myself that they are completed each week. sound good?
goal #1 (to be completed by the end of tomorrow/saturday night)...
organize savannah's closet and room!
i started on this already and i will post a picture of it when it's all done. then i will have proof that i accomplished something.
sometimes i am hesitant to make goals, because i feel like i am setting myself up for failure. i almost always expect more than is humanly possible of myself! but, i think it's realistic to give each of my goals a good try each week and then be happy with what i am able to accomplish.
favorite quote about goals...
"GoAlS aRe StArS tO rEaCh FoR, nOt StIcKs To BeAt OuRsElVeS wItH"
1 year ago