Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!!!



"Fly away cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
'cause babies don't keep"

Shortly after Millie was born, Kyle's mom (aka Grandma Reeder)shared this poem with me. It is really important to me right now because when I take care of my kiddos, I usually have to let everything go (laundry, dishes, clutter pick up, etc) so I can give them the attention they need. Eventually other household things get done, or don't, but at least my girls are taken care of when I take the time to love them and attend to their needs. And usually there are moments in between taking care of them for me to do other things and find moments to relax once in a while.

Thanks to you, Grandma Reeder! I love you!
Tye

2 comments:

JessWilson said...

I love that poem and had a cross stitch of it in my bedroom all growing up. Of course at the time I didn't really get it but definitely do now! :)

Lanell said...

Thank-you so much for sharing that Tye, I'm glad you still have the poem available. It was often the only thing that kept me feeling competent and sane through the first 20 years of rasing children. Love and kisses!